Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why the New Xubuntu Logo is So Good

Take a look at the new Ubuntu logo.
Now look at the new Xubuntu logo.

This is a nice little logo which is similar and different enough to be very interesting (though I think the circle XFCE logo should be the same size as the ubuntu one). Now imagine if the other projects followed suit (my very quick visualizations are not up for criticism since the font is still in development and not available now).

See? A nice, unified look. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. The font is something that Ubuntu is working on, so I had to guess at the "k" and "L" (since the font isn't finished and I don't have an example) and I hand drew them. I'm not sure of the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in the name of unification and consistency, Ubuntu should provide the same name and logo for all the various flavors. I don't mind different colors, though. They should however all be named something like Ubuntu-G for G-Nome, Ubuntu-X (xfce), Ubuntu-K (kubuntu) and Ubuntu-L (lxde) for example. Each one should then have the original Ubuntu logo and/or the logo of its respective desktop environment. I think it's a bit unfair to the G-Nome team that their logo doesn't get to be showcased on any of Ubuntu's packaging. Either G-Nome gets it or they all don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes a lot of sense -- probably too much in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ubuntu are growing well...........

    ReplyDelete

Other I' Been to Ubuntu Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails