I've blogged a few times about Elisa cum Moovida, Fluendo's ten-foot interface for a media center. Moovida has been available in the Karmic repositories and in a PPA for folks who want to stay current. I have found it to be an excellent replacement for XBMC, Boxee and MythTV if you don't have a TV tuner. Here's a montage and a video of it in action.
Until now, though, you've had to set everything up yourself. Admittedly, this isn't too difficult, but Fluendo has released a full media center version of Moovida which includes Fluendo's DVD player and full codec pack, meaning that you don't need to be concerned about the legality of installing DeCSS or restricted and Medibuntu codecs. It plays just about everything, as you can see below.
Fluendo describes the features:
- Album handling
- Support for all major video formats
- Fluendo DVD Player integrated with all capabilities.
- Support for all major audio formats
- Organize music in playlists
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound System
- Remote control support
- Automatic Media Detection using GStreamer
- Autodetection of media on your network
- Play Media over Samba & UPnP and DAAP shares
- Touch Screen support
Visit the Fluendo Media Center page to find out more and test drive the interface.