- That changing incorrect instructions couldn't be done because it would break translations (which were also, obviously, incorrect and already broken). -- Debian and Ubuntu developer.
- That a virus destroyed someone's hard drive. -- A friend
- That this same hard drive had to be replaced for 110K won (~$100) when it was still only a month old and under warranty. -- same friend (Sorry, dude -- you're on the list twice.)
- That employees "worry too much about what's in their contract." -- Superintendant of the shool district when she tried to make everyone work unpaid overtime.
- "Do you want to hamburger?" -- An English teacher for the district teaching a unit on want.
- "How do I install a .tar.gz? When I type 'dpkg -i file.tar.gz'' it fails." -- System administrator.
- "Your an idiot." -- Sogoodsofarsowhat
- "I made the front page of Digg." -- Me (Like ... who cares?)
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Dumbest things I was told in 2008
Some of these are computer related, but some aren't.
Posted by Daniel Bo at 1:21 PM