Hi thereMy response to this is:
Thanks for your response to my post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=630118) titled "My (first round of) Ubuntu 7.10 experiences.
I'd be interested to read your previous rants on the topic ! Are they available in a public forum ? I looked at the rest of the ubuntuforums without finding your posts ...
If Canonical are making a point of using pre-LTS releases as a crash-test, that's an interesting strategy to pursue. But it's a stupid one if they're not going to communicate it to end users, and ever more stupid if they're claiming that every release is as good as every other !
Would be interested in your thoughts / experiences ...
Sorry that I haven't visited the forums in a while and missed this message. I wasn't ignoring you.
Canonical isn't misrepresenting anything. If fact, their release names show a lot about the releases.
- Warty Warhog was the first release and had quite a few warts
- Dapper Drake was the first LTS and showed that it put it's best foot forward.
- Edgy Eft was a quick release after Dapper and was on the edge, with a lot of broken stuff
- Gutsy Gibbon put all the cutting edge features they could into the release to iron out the problems before the LTS
- Hardy will stand up to torture over time
It looks like Hary will be a good release. There aren't that many new features and things are looking great, even though it's still Alpha.